Choosing the right Minneapolis landscape design contractor to install your brick paver patio can be a challenge. There’s a number of questions you should ask before you commit to a landscape contractor.
Here’s a few things to consider when deciding who you’ll choose to install your brick paver patio.
Before your first meeting,you should think about how you intend to use your patio and what your budget is. Is the brick paver patio for entertaining? a fire pit or barbeque grill station or a combination of all three?
Budgets are important because they give a landscape contractor a guideline to work with. The more information you’re able to give your landscape contractor the better he’ll be able to plan your outdoor living project and provide you with an accurate cost of your brick paver patio. Have you seen patios that you like? If so, you should have photos or magazine articles with photos and features you would like to incorporate into the plan.
In the initial meeting you will want to find out as much as you can about the landscape paver contractor.
- How long have they been installing brick paver patios?
- Do they have a list of local references in the Twin Cities?
- The base preparation is an important factor in every patio project. Ask how they handle the base preparation. Drainage is also a key factor in every landscape job. Ask them how they plan to handle drainage for your patio area.
- Do they offer design services?
- What is their landscape training background? How are their employees trained?
- What warranty do they offer? Do the products they recommend have a warranty?
- Will subcontractors be used on your brick paver patio? Who are they and how long has the landscaperr been using them?
- Do they have liability insurance and are they covered by Workers Compensation? Don’t let a landscape contractor’s inexperience, mistake or accident be your responsibility.
- Are there any permits required for this job? Whose responsibility is it to get these permits?
- What is their timeline and schedule for installing your outdoor living area?
- Will the crew that is working on your job be working on another at the same time?
- If your paver patio needs a retaining wall does it need to be engineered due to the soil conditions or unusual loading conditions?
- What is their clean-up routine?
- Do they have a website?
If you are considering and outdoor living area or brick paver patio in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis-St. Paul or Metro area, call Tony Reick at AAA Reick’s Landscaping: 612-369-6626